Site breadcrumb trail...
Film Galway Partnership
What is the Film Galway Partnership?
The Film Galway Partnership is a group of organisations based in Galway city and county who work together to encourage, market, support and facilitate Film and Television production in Galway. The partnership is facilitated by Galway Film Centre in partnership with Galway County Council;
Through the collective resources of the core organisations the Partnership aims:
- To provide production support through the provision of information and contacts to both indigenous and incoming film and television productions.
- Have a key senior person in each organisation who can help fast-track requests from incoming production companies and help productions overcome any logistical challenges they may encounter.
- To actively promote Galway as a well-resourced location and to organise events and promotions to market the West nationally and internationally.
- To encourage member organisations to offer attractive and competitive rates to incoming productions especially in the areas of accommodation, catering and local transportation.
- To ensure that Galway remains a “film friendly” location and that this is widely acknowledged throughout the industry.
- Develop a Film strategy for the West to ensure that all of the involved agencies have the positive promotion and facilitation of filmmaking as a core part of their policy.
Who are the members? Membership is made up of the key organisations and agencies that are essential for incoming productions to contact in terms of gaining access to local infrastructure, facilities, permissions and personnel. The Film Dublin Partnership has 31 members and has a structure of Lead Partners (12) and Associate Members (19) that may be a useful template for us. (See attached document).Working through the structures of both the Galway County Development Board and the Galway City Development Board the following organisations have been identified as potential lead partners: Galway County Council, Galway City Council, , An Garda Siochána, Galway Chamber of Commerce, Galway Airport, Fáilte Ireland, Galway City & County Enterprise Boards, Galway Film Centre and Údaras Na Gaeltachta.
For more informaiton on the Galway Film Partnership please contact;
For Public Spaces Permits in Galway County please contact the Corporate & Cultural Affairs Unit in Galway County Council on 091 509309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full list of permissions and support please visit our dedicated film support site www.screenwest.ie