Galway County Council


Site breadcrumb trail...

Miscellaneous Vehicles

Click here to see table of Miscellaneous Vehicle Rates

What do I need to tax a Motor Caravan

  1. Application Form fully completed and signed
  2. Log book or Vehicle Licensing Certificate or Registration Certificate
  3. Name of Insurance Company, Policy Number and expiry date of Certificate
  4. Fee - annual rate - € 78 . Payment may be made by cheque, made payable to Galway County Council, postal order, money order, cash or credit card. Do not send cash in the post.
  5. On the first taxing of a motor caravan since October, 1998, it is necessary to contact Revenue Commissioners on (091) 536300 to arrange inspection and obtain the appropriate Vehicle Registration Certificate.
  6. On first taxing it is also a requirement that a special Motor Caravan Declaration be signed and submitted with tax application.