CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Ard-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in areas that experience disadvantage. The aim of CLÁR is to support the sustainable development of identified CLÁR areas with the aim of attracting people to live and work there. The funding works in conjunction with local/Agency and other Departmental funding programmes and on the basis of locally identified priorities.
Funding Allocation for 2019
There is an allocation of €5million (nationally) in total for 2019, and the following measures will be operated via Local Authorities for a range of School and Community projects.
- Measure 1: Support for Safety Measures at Schools & Community Facilities
- Measure 2: Play Areas (Including MUGAs) (€2M nationally)
- Measure 3(c): Sensory Gardens
- Any potential applicant should firstly verify that their proposal is within an identified Clár area. Please see map below, with an attached list of D.E.D’s.
- Any Play Area/MUGA to be developed on school grounds must be open and available for use by the general public outside of school hours.
- Any sensory garden and complementary play equipment must be open and available for use by the general public.
This Scheme is now closed for 2019.