The Cathaoirleach’s Community Awards
**Closing date extended to Thursday 3rd June 2021**
The Cathaoirleach Awards are an annual initiative to acknowledge the commitment of individuals and groups who participate in unpaid community and voluntary activities and the significant impact their actions have on quality of life in their communities. The Awards for 2020 are particularly important as we celebrate the many selfless volunteers who have supported our communities, our vulnerable, and those who have been impacted in so many ways since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and to that end, we have amended the Award Categories to reflect these particular challenges of the year gone by.
Nominations are now invited under the following categories at:
- COVID-19 Community Response Award: to recognise the efforts that Groups made to maintain the resilience of their local community by providing practical and social supports to vulnerable individuals. In recognition of the community spirit shown across the County, there will be a separate Award per Municipal District in this Category.
- Culture and Creativity Award: to recognise Groups who enhance their local area by conserving the arts, crafts, culture or heritage of their local community through creative activities.
- Environment and Natural Heritage Award: to recognise Groups who dedicate their time to carrying out works in the community, such as caring for their local environment and natural heritage, and/or promoting environmental protection or sustainability projects.
- Health & Wellbeing Award: to recognise Groups who improve quality of life through initiatives to support physical, mental and social wellbeing.
- Irish Language Award: to recognise the efforts that Groups make to preserve, promote or increase the use of the Irish Language.
- Social Inclusion Award: to recognise Groups who create opportunities for everyone to participate in their local community by providing positive environments, and/or initiatives to care for those who may be vulnerable, isolated or marginalised.
Nominations are now invited under the following category at:
- Individual Volunteer of the Year Award: this category recognises the outstanding contribution that an individual volunteer has made to their local community. Every community has individuals who are boundless in their energy and determination to get things done – so nominate those unsung heroes who encourage, support, lead and inspire others in your community.
All Nomination Forms must be submitted online and the closing date for receipt of completed Nomination Forms is Friday 21st May 2021.