Make a Submission
In accordance with Section 12(1)(b) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), Galway County Council has prepared the Draft Galway County Development Plan 2022 – 2028 which will be on public display and available for public consultation from 20th May 2021 to 30th July 2021 (both dates inclusive) as the following locations:
- Planning Office, Áras on Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway (by appointment only during normal opening hours as per Covid-19 Guidelines)
- All branch libraries in the County during normal opening hours and subject to Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time
The Draft Plan is accompanied by a Strategic Environmental Report prepared in accordance with the Planning & Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004, an Appropriate Assessment, pursuant to Article 6 (3) and Article 4 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC and a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment that has been prepared in accordance with The Planning System and Flood Risk Management Guidelines 2009. The Draft Plan contains a Written Statement in Volume 1 and Settlement Plans in Volume 2.
It is intended to hold a webinar event during the public consultation period which will give an overview of the Draft Plan and guidance on how to make a submission. Details of this event will be published on the Council website https://consult.galway.ie/.
Galway County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions or observations regarding the Draft Galway County Development Plan 2022-2028, in writing / electronically via the website, to the Planning Authority between the 20th May 2021 until Friday 30th July 2021 (both dates inclusive).
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following: -
- Children or groups and associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions or observations regarding policy objectives to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan;
- Galway County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act (as amended). Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission will be published in full;
- Galway County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act (as amended) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to assist us in complying with Data Protection and GDPR please include your name and contact details (and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent), on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/ observation. This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR regulations. The Council’s Data Protection Policy is available on the Council website.
- Please note that in accordance with Section 19 of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act, 2018 all valid submissions received by the Council shall be published on the Galway County Council website within 10 working days of its receipt by the Council. The planning process is an open and public process and therefore your submission (in part or in total) will be available to view online at https://consult.galway.ie/. All observations or submissions received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Galway County Development 2022-2028.
Submissions or observations may be made either:
- In writing to: Planning Department, Galway County Council, Áras an Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway. (Correspondence to be marked ‘Draft Galway County Development Plan 2022-2028)
- In electronic format on the dedicated website at https://consult.galway.ie/
The deadline for receipt of all submissions is 4.30pm on Friday 30th July 2021.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or via the website.
Hard copies of the Draft Plan and associated documentation are available for purchase from the Planning Department.
Lobbying is an essential part of the democratic process. It enables or facilitates citizens and organisations to make their views on public policy and public services such as land-use zoning known to politicians and public servants (designated Public Officials). If you are involved in lobbying, you may need to:
- Register on the Register of Lobbying website which is maintained by Standards Commission: www.lobbying.ie
- Provide information to the Standards Commission about your lobbying activities three times a year.
- Please visit www.lobbying.ie for more information.
The personal information (data) collected during the consultation process (which may include the collection of sensitive personal data) is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions and any data collected is subject to Galway County Council’s privacy statement which can be found at http://www.galway.ie/en/services/yourcouncil/privacystatement/