COVID-19 Service Updates
20 July 2020
Customer Service Update
Galway County Council wants to ensure the health and well-being of our customers and staff. To do this, we need your help.
- Please continue to conduct your business online (www.galway.ie), by phone, email or post where possible;
- Please comply fully with the queuing management system, advisory signage and any directions given by staff;
- Please limit interaction with staff and other customers to the absolute minimum and as far as is reasonably practicable;
- Please avail of hand sanitisers on access/exit to/from our offices;
- Please observe strictly nohand shaking or any physical contact and maintain the 2 metres physical distancing at all times.
- On foot of public health advice, customers visiting our buildings are requested to wear face coverings.
The cooperation of our customers is greatly appreciated
Galway County Council,
Áras an Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway H91 H6KX
Telephone: 091 509000
Galway County Council – Working for You
Ní neart go cur le chéile
Postal address: Áras an Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway H91 H6KX
The most important thing that we can do as a community during the Covid-19 Pandemic, such as we are experiencing now with Covid-19, is to consistently take every precaution and advice as issued by our Public Health experts in the Health Service Executive and the Department of Health.
Expert advice is available at:
In order to help prevent the spread of the virus, members of the public are being reminded to follow the advice of the health experts i.e. wash hands frequently and thoroughly, ensure to follow cough etiquette, social distancing and adopt our lifestyles to the current restrictions.
Galway County Council are taking proactive measures to minimise the risk of infection to members of the public and to the staff of Galway County Council while continuing to provide essential public services.
We must work together to protect the most vulnerable in our communities across the County and across the Country.
At the instigation of Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, a Covid-19 Community Response Forum is in place co-ordinated by Galway County Council.
A dedicated community support helpline is established in Galway County Council, to assist at-risk members of the public in accessing non-emergency and non-medical supports during the current public health emergency. The confidential phoneline service is established by the new COVID-19 Galway Council Community Response Forum, which includes over a dozen agencies, organisations and key service providers from across the County including the Galway County Public Participation Network.
The helpline is focused primarily on ensuring that vulnerable members of the community or those living alone can access deliveries of groceries, medicine and fuels. The new phoneline is just one aspect of the Forum’s work. Its core aim is contributing to the community-wide effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 and that there is a co-ordinated community response to enable all voluntary statutory agencies to collaborate in support of our communities and particularly of our most vulnerable members.
- The Freephone Number is 1800-92-88-94.
- Lines Open Monday to Sunday 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Email: email@example.com
For further information on General Wellbeing Visit www.gov.ie/together for advice, tips and supports. As COVID-19 continues to impact, keeping in touch with people, establishing a routine & staying active can help us feel more in control.