Town & Village Renewal Scheme
Town and Village Renewal Scheme (TVRS)
The Town and Village Renewal Scheme supports small to medium capital projects which enhance the environment of town or village centres. Grant funding for projects will range from €20,000 to €500,000.
The Town and Village Renewal Scheme (TVRS) is funded under Project Ireland 2040 as part of Ireland’s Rural Development Policy 2021-2025 - Our Rural Future and Town Centre First Policy. This Policy will see increased investment out to 2025 in remote working, providing opportunities for people to continue to live in rural communities while following their career ambitions. It will also see continued investment to support town centre living, address vacancy and dereliction, and promote cross government investment supporting rural towns and villages as hubs of economic and social activity.
The maximum grant level has been set at 90% of the total cost of a project under the Town and Village Renewal Scheme. The remaining 10% match funding must be contributed by the Local Authority and/or the community and/or Philanthropic contributions - this can take the form of 5% cash contribution (minimum level) and 5% in-kind contribution (maximum level).
All projects must be in a position to commence as soon as approval is granted and must be capable of being delivered in a realistic timeframe i.e. within a 12 to 18 month period.
All expenditure under the Town and Village Renewal Scheme is subject to the terms of the Public Spending Code http://publicspendingcode.per.gov.ie/
Town and Village Renewal Scheme (TVRS) 2022
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now sought by Galway County Council, from Business Representative Groups, Community and Voluntary Groups for the Main Town and Village Renewal Scheme and for the Project Development Measure.
Number of Applications that can be shortlisted;
- 5 applications of between €20,000 and €250,000
- 1 application of between €20,000 and €500,000
Further streams of funding under the 2022 Scheme:
- 2 applications up to €50,000 each under the Project Development Measure
- 1 application up to €50,000 for a specific County Marketing campaign
Specifically, the 2022 Scheme will prioritise tackling vacancy in towns and villages, remote working and supporting town centre living. Projects that focus on developing vacant and derelict buildings and sites into use as multi-purpose spaces are prioritised.
EOI’s can be submitted on the EOI Form to email@example.com.
Email/ Postal /or Hard Copies of EOI’s must be received by 5.00pm on July 5th 2022.
Requests for EOI Forms, Queries & Information/Meeting Requests to Economic Community & Rural Development Unit, Galway County Council by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 091-509395, 091-509334.
Further Information: https://www.gov.ie/en/policy-information/01125e-town-and-village-renewal-scheme/
Project Development Measure:
The Town and Village Project Development Measure is similar in nature to Category 2 projects under the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund (RRDF). The purpose of this Measure is to assist Local Authorities to contribute to a pipeline of significant, well developed projects which might be subsequently progressed to construction stage, subject to the availability of further funding. It is proposed that applications would involve:
- Development costs for one strategic large-scale project that may be subsequently progressed with funding from the Town & Village Renewal Scheme e.g. detailed design, preparation for the planning and/or procurement, appropriate assessment etc.
- Funding of up to €50,000 at a 90% rate of aid
- Maximum of two proposals to be submitted by any Local Authority
The approval of funding under this category does not automatically guarantee future support under the Town & Village Renewal Scheme for delivery of the emerging project – the resulting projects will need to be submitted as normal under the competitive Town & Village Renewal process.