Where did PPNs come from?
- It was outlined in “Putting People First”, the Local Government Reform Programme.
- Section 46 of the Local Government Reform Act 2014 which enables local authorities to take all appropriate steps to consult with and promote effective participation of local communities in local government
- Report of Task Force on Citizen Engagement
Key Functions of the PPN
- It is an official platform for representation on policy making boards and committees of local authority/other
- To identify issues of collective concern and work to influence policy locally and contribute to local decision making/planning of services
- To work to develop the Environmental, Social Inclusion, Community and Voluntary sectors
For more information and to join the PPN please see below: