This policy relates to surveillance camera equipment (CCTV) both video and audio recording, and the gathering, use, storage and disposal of CCTV system recorded data by Galway County Council. This includes CCTV systems within Council premises, bring banks, car parks, piers, plant, civic amenity and locations in the ownership of Galway County Council, and includes the use of Number Plate Recognition Camera’s and Body Worn Video Camera equipment.
CCTV systems are installed as practical measures to assist Galway County Council in the performance of its tasks that are carried out in the public interest, enhancing security, public safety, crime prevention, detection and prosecution of offenders.
The scope of this policy applies to:
- Galway County Council uses of CCTV that involve recording of personal data
- All Galway County Council employees
- All individual or organisations acting on behalf of the Council
The policy document and supporting appendicies can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
Appendix 6 - Privacy Notices
- Body Worn Camera's
- Environment - CCTV Covert
- Environment - CCTV Overt
- Housing - Community based CCTV
- Number Plate Recognition