Please place recyclable materials in correct bank and do not leave them or other materials in the vicinity of banks.
You may be liable to a maximum fine of €4,000 plus costs for illegal dumping / littering.
If any bring bank is full please contact Galway County Council on 091-509510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 90 bring banks available to the domestic sector in County Galway where glass jars, bottles and aluminium beverage cans may be deposited free of charge. There are also household textiles banks located at 40 of these sites where good quality clothes, shoes, bed linen, curtains etc. can be deposited free of charge.
N.B. The bring bank network is provided for the domestic sector only and is not to be used by the commercial sector.
Don't leave any bags or boxes at the bring banks as you WILL receive a fine.
Persistent littering may result in the bring banks being removed from your community.
Do's & Don'ts when using a Bring Bank
1. Do segregate glass by colour into the correct banks
2. Do ensure that all glass containers are clean
3. Do not deposit pyrex, crystal or flat glass in bring banks as these will contaminate the recycling process.
4. Do not deposit metal cans in the can bank as the bank is for aluminium cans only. All metal cans and metal lids should be recycled through your household system.
5. Household textiles must be clean
Any enquiries in relation to the Bring Bank network should be directed to the Environment Section, Galway County Council, Prospect Hill, Galway, 091-509510 or email@example.com.
Environment Section, Galway County Council, Prospect Hill, Galway, 091-509510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.