Civic Amenity Sites
Extended range of material accepted at Civic Amenity sites in Co. Galway - From December 8th 2021
Galway County Council currently operate Civic Amenity sites in Tuam, Clifden and Ballinasloe for householders within the functional area of Galway County Council.
These facilities are managed by Barna Recycling on behalf of Galway County Council.
Galway County Council has extended the range of material now accepted at these facilities and includes such items as bulky household waste, hard plastic and plastic packaging, metal, paper, cardboard, household hazardous waste (e.g. paints, aerosols, pesticides, medicines) glass, textiles, timber, WEEE and more.
Click on the individual links below to view the list of items accepted, associated charges and opening hours at each site.
- WEEE items include fridges, tv’s, washing machines, household items containing batteries, batteries, CFL and LED bulbs, laptops, computers, electric power tools, lamps, lights, cables, etc.
- Hard drives should be erased in electronic equipment.
- Household medicines, herbicides, pesticides, household chemicals, paints and all hazardous material must be in original container and fully labelled, otherwise they will not be accepted.
- Household chemicals include such items as bleach, white spirits, liquid cleaners, etc.
- Household medicines include such items as liquid, tablet or inhalers. NO SHARPS.
- Timber includes solid furniture and laminates.
- Glass must be remove from doors, furniture, etc. and placed in flat glass bin.
- Metal Tins include such things as food, drink or paint tins which are clean, dry and loose.
- Hard plastic items include such things as Plastic buckets, kids toys, pots, containers, chairs, garden furniture, household oil tanks, etc. Any containers must be empty, clean and dry.
- All household plastics as defined at https://www.mywaste.ie/great-news/
- Bulky Goods include items such as couches, chairs, armchairs, beds, lockers, carpets, lino, mattresses, etc.
- Flat Glass includes mirrors, window and door glass, green house glass, etc.
- Tetra Pak includes drink and food containers which are clean and dry.
- Textiles include leather, clothing, shoes, curtains, etc. Items must be clean and dry. NO QUILTS.
- Glass Banks are for Glass jars and Bottles only. NO CERAMICS, CRYSTAL or DRINKING GLASSSES.
- Small Van – Payload <700kg, i.e. VW Caddy or similar.
- Large Van – Payload > 700kg, i.e. Ford Transit or similar.
These facilities are for domestic use only. Commercial or trade waste will not be accepted under any circumstances. Receipts are available at each site.
To find out more about opening hours, accepted materials and charges etc. please contact Barna Recycling at 091 771619.
Please observe social distancing protocols at all times.
PROPOSED GORT CIVIC AMENITY SITE
Documents submitted to an Bord Pleanála in relation to the proposed Gort Civic Amenity site.